Borderlands® 1 and select Civilization® catalog releases to see temporary online service interruptions; offline play unaffected
2K will implement online service changes for several legacy titles, including releases for Windows PC, as a result of GameSpy Technology terminating its online service offerings for video games.
Beginning May 31, 2014, Borderlands® 1 and select tiles from the Civilization® catalogs will temporarily go offline while service is transitioned to Steamworks. During the transition, players will experience interruption of several features, including online play, matchmaking and voiceover Internet protocol (VOIP). Players will not experience interruptions to offline play. The list of 2K titles currently slated for online migration includes:
- Civilization® III
- Civilization® III: Conquests
- Civilization® III: Play the World
- Civilization® IV
- Civilization® IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization® IV: Colonization
- Civilization® IV: Warlords
2K also announced the company will discontinue online service functionality for several legacy titles. A full list of titles losing online service, as well as updates on service restoration for the aforementioned Borderlands 1 and Civilization titles, are available at http://2kgam.es/2KOnlineMigration.
- Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Come To Next-Gen in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
- 2014 is going out with a bang thanks to the Steam Holiday Sale!
- The 2K Steam Autumn Sale 2014 Update
- BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition Out Now
- A conversation with Lustmord, the man behind the unique soundscapes for Evolve.
2K Sports NBA 2K14 WWE 2K14 NBA 2K13 NBA 2K NHL 2K11 2K Games XCOM XCOM: Enemy Unknown Ace Patrol Spec Ops: The Line Civilization Revolution Darkness II BioShock 2K Marin The Bureau Gearbox Borderlands Borderlands 2 Sir Hammerlock Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Mr. Torgue Duke Nukem Forever Mafia II Spec Ops Firaxis Sid Meier Civilization V: Brave New World Civilization: Beyond Earth